Although a lot of progress has been made in recent decades, the inclusion of disabled people is not yet been fully realized in our society. Indeed, various social factors do not promote full citizen participation of people with disabilities in the community and one of the missions of our organization is to enable our members to collectively advocate for their needs as a strong, unified voice.
Since its inception, with its expertise on the realities of people with spinal cord injuries, MEMO-Qc has promoted and continues to promote the needs of its members in public forums, both through associations and advocating in government decision making. Together with partners from different backgrounds, our constant influence improves the lives of people with spinal cord injuries and all persons with disabilities.
Interventions in defense of collective rights are diverse and can take many forms, including:
- Participation in various committees and round tables;
- Information, training, awareness and mobilization of our members (and the public) regarding the various issues that affect them;
- Representations to different government bodies;
- Direct interventions in the design and revision of programs or policies that affect the needs and quality of life for our members.
Here are some examples of various issues with which MEMO-Qc is involved. For more information on programs, insurance coverage or any other issue addressed here, please refer to the section topics of interest or contact us.
- Residential Adaptation
- Residential Resources
- Vehicle Adaptation
- Transportation Network
- Adapted Transport
- Accessibility of Public Places
- Health and Social Services
- Home Help Services
- Access to Health Care
- Material Resources
- Urological Supplies
- Mobility Aids
- Coverage Guidelines