Support Fund for people with disabilities other than spinal cord injuries
This program of the Spinal Cord and Motor Foundation Quebec has as objective to help members of MEMO-Qc in a situation of disability other than those with a spinal cord injury. In fact, it is a complementary program to the two existing Funds for several years at the Fondation MÉMO-Qc: The Support Fund (emergency) which helps exclusively people with spinal cord injuries.
This program is intended for people who have difficulty meeting an important and non-recurring need directly related to their disability, which is not covered by paying agents or government institutions or is only partially covered.
The financial support offered is intended to improve the quality of life of the beneficiary, promote his or her autonomy, social integration, enable his or her integration into the labour market or his or her retention in employment or return to school, reduce the burden on his or her natural caregiver, or provide respite for the person concerned and his or her family. The maximum amount of financial assistance is $2000
* Instructions for submitting applications can be found at the bottom of this page
* You can also find answers to the most frequently asked questions by clicking on the following link FAQ
The assistance requested must support the recipient in areas such as:
- Specialized Equipment Purchase;
- Integration or maintenance of employment;
- Recreation, sport and art;
* Please note that this Support Fund is not designed to duplicate services already existing or covered by paying agents or government institutions. It is a program of last resort. All applicants must exhaust available sources from other organizations or programs before being considered eligible. If the cost of the equipment exceeds the $2000 budget available under this program, applicants are committed to covering the additional cost or seeking other resources that may assist in finding additional resources.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Quebec
- Be a member of MÉMO-Qc for a minimum of one year prior to the date of application.
- Have a disability other than a spinal cord injury.
- Need a non-recurring financial support to meet an important need directly related to the disability.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates must complete the following online application form: online application form
[You may also return this form and supporting documentss
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax: (514) 341-8884
- By mail: addressed to the Fondation MÉMO-Qc at 6020 Jean-Talon Street East, Suite 400, Montréal (QC), H1S 3B1
Terms and important dates:
The reception and analysis of applications is done continuously throughout the year. A written response is sent within a maximum of four weeks after the application is submitted.
Your application must be sent in one document and include the following items:
- The form
- The medical certificate issued by a health professional (physician, occupational therapist, physiatrist, etc.) or a caregiver, as well as any other documents that serve as supporting documents, must be clear, legible and understandable.
- Any other supporting documents if applicable (example: submission for equipment purchase)
Applications are reviewed by a committee composed of members of the Board of Directors and management as well as an expert member of the disability community. All requests will be treated in a fair, equitable and confidential manner. A positive or negative decision will be sent to all applicants.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing the form, please contact us at 514 341-7272, ext. 216 or 1 877 341-7272 (toll-free throughout Quebec), ext. 216 email@example.com