Spinal Injured Member Support Program
This program of the “Fondation moelle épinière et motricité Québec” is designed to help members of MEMO-Qc who have a spinal cord injury and their families. It is intended for those who have difficulty meeting a significant and non-recurring need, which is not covered or only partially covered by private support programs or government agencies.
The beneficiary must:
- Be a resident of Quebec
- Have a traumatic or non-traumatic spinal cord injury
- Have a non-recurring financial need to address a significant issue directly related to the spinal cord injury
The financial support grant must:
Promote autonomy, social participation and an improvement in quality of life
- Provide access to services or care that are not covered or are not available due to program limitations, restrictions in private programs, long waiting times, or lack of resources in these programs
The grant support may (by way of example) help defray the cost of:
- Health or social services
- Equipment or technical assistance
- The adaptation of an environment
- Access to a resource
Terms and conditions:
- The maximum amount that can be awarded is $ 1,000
- The request must be made in writing by the person concerned or by a family member who has been authorized by the person concerned
Requests for support must include:
- Full name, address, and telephone number of applicant
- Nature of disability and limitations, date of trauma, if applicable
- Issue for which the application is being made
- Amount requested
- Supporting documents, if applicable
Each request is reviewed by an internal committee composed of members of the board of directors and management.
All requests are treated confidentially.
A written response shall be sent within four weeks of the filing of the application.
For information, please call (514) 341 7272 – toll-free 1-877-341-7272
To apply for support, please complete this form and return it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Spinal Injured Member Support Program”, by fax at 514 341-8884 or by mail at the office of MEMO-Qc (6020 Jean-Talon East Street, Unit 400, Montreal, Quebec, H1S 3B1).