The Fonds 33 was set up thanks to a collaboration between the Fondation MÉMO-Qc and the Fondation 33. It offers financial support that aims to improve the quality of life of people living with a spinal cord injury, specifically those living with financial issues as a result.
SECTION 1 — Eligibility Criteria
- Be a member of MÉMO-Qc;
- Be a Quebec resident;
- Living with a spinal cord injury;
- Need financial support to answer to an important need related to spinal cord injury.
The financial support requested must improve the quality of life of the beneficiary by promoting his/her security, autonomy, social integration or giving respite to the person concerned and his/her entourage. It must allow access to services that are only partially covered, not covered at all, are not accessible due to program limitations, lack of network resources or delays and waiting periods excessively long.
The financial assistance requested must support the recipient in any of the following areas:
- Home adaptation
- Vehicule adaptation
- Purchase of specialized equipment
- Health and social services
Note that most of the components listed are usually covered in whole or in part by the Government of Quebec programs. It is therefore your responsibility to follow the necessary steps with the relevant government agencies before making a request for something that could be covered. To help you to know if your need could be supported by the Fund 33, ask yourself if this expense is as a direct result of your spinal cord injury.
The financial assistance requested may help the recipient to defray the following costs :
- The adaptation of an entrance or a room of the house for an occupant to reduced mobility
- The adaptation of a motor vehicle for a passenger or a driver with reduced mobility
- The acquisition of environmental control or technical assistance for promote safety and autonomy
- Access to a health specialist for a specific need
- Tution fees
- Costs related to an adapted sport or artistic discipline or tickets for a cultural activity such as a concert or for a sport activity such as a hockey game
- A plane ticket or an allowance for a caregiver or an attendant for travelling
SECTION 2 — Terms
The budget allocated for the year 2018 is $ 25,000.
- The minimum amount of financial assistance is $ 50.
- The maximum amount of financial assistance is $ 5,000.
SECTION 3 — Dates
Receipt and analysis of applications will be done only once a year.
- All requests must be made between February 1st and 28th, 2018.
- All applications will be analyzed between March 1 and March 31, 2018.
SECTION 4 — Procedures
- The beneficiary or authorized claimant must complete and send the form within the prescribed time;
- The recipient or applicant must remain available and open to provide more information to the evaluation committee during the claim analysis period, if necessary;
- Each application will be analyzed by a committee made up of representatives of the Fondation 33, representatives of the Fondation MÉMO-Qc and health professionals working with clients with spinal cord injuries;
- All requests will be treated fairly, equitably and confidentially;
- A favorable or unfavorable decision will be sent to all applicants;
- If financial assistance is granted, you will need to provide the corresponding invoices as evidence.
SECTION 5 — Contact information
To complete your request, please return this form and the supporting documents :
- By email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax : 514 341-8884
- By mail : to Fondation MÉMO-Qc, 6020 Jean-Talon East Street, office 400, Montreal (QC), H1S 3B1